The fields of activities of the VIZITERV Export are rooted in the responsibilities and knowledge of the Hungarian governmental water management organizations.
Hungary is a country with special geographical and hydrological conditions - on a worldwide level (we live in the most closed basin of the globe, 97% of our surface water comes from abroad, ¼ of the country’s territory is endangered by floods, and more than half of it by excess water, all these with often experiencing droughts at the same time) therefore it has centuries of experience in handling the challenges of water management. Our water management system is outstanding regarding both organization, preparedness, assets, human resources. This is backed by a high level educational and training structure.
Besides the protection against water damage we have also achieved great success in the fields of sustainable surface and subsurface water resource management. Hungary was the first country to develop a drought monitoring and forecast system that can directly support the conserving water usage in agriculture – a system which is already installed and operational.
In accordance with the aforementioned the company focuses its design and consultation activities mainly on the fields of expertise:
• multipurpose water management system development,
• reservoir operation system development,
• agricultural water service system development, irrigation facility planning,
• drought risk assessment, drought monitoring system development, forecast method establishment,
• flood risk assessment, danger and risk maps, elaboration of risk management plans, defensive organizational structure and management planning,
• flood observing, early warning and forecast system development, planning, elaboration of flood forecast methods and models,
• flood protection and river engineering facility design,
• water management related trainings and education.